Weight Loss Program after Pregnancy
The Secrets to Weight Loss After Pregnancy.
Is weight loss after pregnancy possible? Any woman who has given birth to a 10 pound baby can tell you that; yes, weight loss program after pregnancy is possible. Not that I gave birth to a 10 pound baby, it just felt like I did. Weight loss after pregnancy wasn’t so hard. The most important thing to remember is to eat healthily, and to try and get in as much physical activity as possible.
However, remember that you should consult with a physician before starting any form of physical activity, especially after you have just given birth to a child.
How much weight did you gain during pregnancy?
The 25 pounds the average woman gains during a pregnancy are spread out more or less like this:
- Baby-8 pounds
- Placenta-1.5 pounds
- Amniotic fluid-2 pounds
- Breasts-2 pounds
- Uterus-2.5 pounds
- Fat, blood volume and water retention
If you were already a little overweight when you first became pregnant, remember that the numbers on your scale kept going to go up almost every time you stepped on it. Fasting or Weight-loss fasting diets following pregnancy are absolutely not a good idea.
Weight loss following pregnancy and hanging up the tent sized maternity clothes is something all new mothers look forward to with anticipation. For most women, but for others, the baby fat is a bit more difficult to shed. Each woman is different and there is no “one size fits all” formula for shedding the weight gained during pregnancy. However there are a few weight loss guidelines to follow that will have the new Mom back feeling great and wearing her jeans once she gets her strength back.
However, the secret to success in weight loss program after pregnancy is to make it your lifestyle. Do not do it for the wrong reasons. Many females have been diagnosed sick with diabetes after pregnancy due to unhealthy diet. There are also some females who contracted heart diseases and hypertension after delivery. Make sure you give your effort in weight loss after pregnancy to fight obesity and obesity related illnesses.
Healthy weight loss tips after pregnancy.
Here are some healthy weight loss tips after pregnancy that i feel its true and effective;
- Don’t diet – yes and it is a must. If you’re going on an official “diet” right after your pregnancy could derail your post-pregnancy weight loss goals. Feeling deprived of your favorite foods while you’re already stressed out by your new role as mom could actually cause you to gain weight. Eat a well-balance variety of foods. Apple slices, carrot sticks, and wheat crackers are all good for noshing.
- Breastfeeding – this is good for both of you and your baby. Your baby gets nourish and you burn calories while sharing your weight to your baby. Did you know that breastfeeding burn calories from 600 to 800 a day.
- Drink up and hydrate yourself – having not just enough but more water helps you curve your cravings. But also keep your energy up which is very important.
Get up and Move – yes and its a must. Get up, get out, and enjoy the fresh air with your little one- it will be good for both of you! Just get out of the house and pushing a stroller or carrying your baby in a sling a few days a week will usually be enough to get your metabolism moving in the right direction. If you do exercise, make sure to clear it with your doctor before beginning.
- Get enough sleep – full eight hours of sleep is mandatory. I know its hard coz our baby will call our attention especially on wee hours. Sleep when your baby is sleeping. Catch as many naps as you can during the day and go to bed early — at least until your baby starts sleeping through the night.
- Ask for help – if you’re struggling to lose weight, join a weight loss management program. They have doctors and dietitian that can help you design an eating plan and more.
Pregnancy is a magical and mysterious time of life and many women worry about how to achieve weight loss after they give birth. During the first six weeks of postpartum, a healthy diet is much more important than a weight-loss diet. Continue to eat a balance of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, protein, calcium, and iron. Whether or not you’re breastfeeding, your body is still recovering from the pregnancy and birth, and a nutritionally balanced diet will help you heal and feel better much faster.
Here’s other related topic about Weight Loss Program after Pregnancy!